Editorial/Social Media Interns
Reflect Beauty is seeking one to two editorial interns to provide writing and editorial experience for reflectbeauty.com. We will work with you to help build and fine-tune your editorial skills, including story structure, voice, and AP editing style.
Our mission is to promote beauty equity by celebrating the diversity of women of color. We create culturally relevant content that inspires, educates, and connects women of all skin tones and hair textures to top hair and beauty, fashion, health, and wellness trends and news.
- Trending beauty news and tips
- WOC-owned product and brand listicles
- Founder and influencer spotlights
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Researching and writing two articles per week on trending topics and events
- Scheduling daily social media posts
- Conducting general research as assigned.
- You must be a college student in either journalism, communications or beauty fields OR have at least one year of writing experience.
- Basic knowledge of reporting and writing news.
- The ability to meet deadlines is a must.
- Must have previously published work or writing clips from coursework.
- Proficiency with content management software (WordPress), social media platforms, and Microsoft Office.
- Proficiency with Photoshop or other photo editing platforms is a plus, but not required.
- Training provided
- Must be available to work remotely 15 hours per week
- Must commit to working for a minimum of three months.
- Hours are flexible, though a set weekly schedule is preferred.
- Training and supervision are provided.
Remote work. We are based in Los Angeles, with editorial affiliates in NYC and Dallas.
Qualifying interns may earn a monthly stipend. College credit is available.
Please send resume and writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org with either “Editorial Intern” or “Social Media Intern” in the subject line.