by McKenzie Renae of McKenzieRenae.tumblr.com
Because I color my hair and my eyebrows are naturally very dark, I have to bleach them from time to time to compliment my hair (the things girls go through lol). It takes me anywhere from 10 to 15 minutes to do, because I usually have to bleach them twice for the color to take.
I use the Jolen Creme Bleach Kit, available at Walgreens for around $6. It’s gentle, doesn’t break out my skin, and most of all, it’s easy to do at home! Here’s a step-by-step guide to bleaching your own brows at home:
**BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING: Test out the bleach on a small patch of hair on your arm & wait 24 hours to be sure you don’t have an allergic reaction.
1. Wash the eyebrow area with cold water and a gentle face wash.
2. Take the spatula and measure out about one-half teaspoon of creme and place it on a tray.
3. Clean the spatula, then measure about one-quarter teaspoon of powder and place it on the tray. Mix well.
4. Apply the mixture with the spatula, completely and carefully covering the area of hair you want bleached.
5. Leave on for 10 minutes.
6. Gently remove with a cool, damp washcloth (one you don’t mind getting stained lol).
7. If the area isn’t as bleached as you would like, reapply the mixture and apply for another 5 to 10 minutes.
8. All done!
Have you ever bleached or colored your brows to better match your curls?