by McKenzie Renae of McKenzieRenae.tumblr.com
False eyelashes have come a long way since the ’70s! Lashes spice up your features for a special night out or just to jazz up your look during the day. Have fun with them and allow yourself plenty of time to apply — you will be a pro in no time! Follow these easy steps:
What You Will Need
-Your favorite strip lashes
-Scissors (small manicure scissors will work)
-DUO lash adhesive
How It’s Done
1. Carefully remove the lashes from the tray by rolling your thumb over them. This will help maintain the curve of the lash which is necessary for keeping the lashes on with ease.
2. Measure the lashes by placing them on your eye lid without glue. Cut any excess lashes off by starting on the outer corner.
3. Take the DUO lash adhesive and add a small ribbon of glue to the silicone band. Tip: Use dark DUO adhesive for any smokey eye and clear for any natural look.
4. Let the DUO adhesive set for about 40 seconds, or until it’s tacky.
5. Place the false lashes on your natural lashes. Start aligning them from the outside corner, following the lash line.
6. Take your tweezers and gently push the false lashes into your natural lash line so there is no noticeable separation. Tip: Apply a thin line of eyeliner to your lid for easier blending between the false lashes and your lash line.
7. For one-time usage and dramatic effect, curl lashes with a lash curler.
8. Apply mascara to the lashes.
PRO TIP: The less mascara and glue used, the longer the lashes will hold their integrity.
**To remove, roll the lashes off gently with your thumb**