by Emilia Obiekea of AdoreBotanicals.com
We all want beautiful, healthy skin and hair. Circulation and healthy habits are key to having your best skin and hair. While the body naturally maintains circulation, there is nothing wrong with giving it a helping hand! It is important to stimulate your blood flow on a regular basis to ensure healthy skin and scalp. A simple way to do this is with oil massages.
Just to tackle two tasks at once, why not do a facial massage then one for your scalp with the same easy-to-make cream? This massage cream will be your new beauty BFF. Check it out.
- 1 tablespoon of your favorite oil (like olive, coconut or avocado oil)
- 7 drops of your favorite essential oil (like grapefruit, lavender, rosemary or tea tree)
- 1 ounce aloe vera gel
Why These Ingredients?
Natural oils, such as olive, coconut and avocado, are free from chemicals found in store-bought products which can give you peace of mind. These oils are also naturally moisturizing, providing reliable hydration while being non-greasy and easy for the skin to absorb. The essential oils may just add fragrance to the cream but, depending on which one you use, they can also add their own unique benefits; some essential oils can even help with certain scalp issues. The aloe vera gel is soothing, helps with the texture of the cream, and acts as a good base in the recipe.
- Blend all ingredients together in a bowl until it has a creamy texture and is well-mixed. It will create an opaque cream.
- Apply a small amount to your face and massage in a circular motion for a minute or two. Avoid the eye and mouth areas!
- Part your hair and apply the cream directly to your scalp, nape of neck and around your hairline. Massage well with the pads of your fingers for about two minutes. Be careful not use your nails since doing so can lead to small abrasions on your scalp and further issues down the road.
For your face: Wipe the cream off and wash your face well with a cleanser. To complete your skin care routine, follow up with a toner and moisturizer to get glowing, beautiful skin.
For your hair: You can leave this mixture on your scalp as a pre-poo or moisturizer, or you can wash it out and proceed with your hair-washing routine.
Prolonged use can result in smooth, glowing and healthy skin and a healthier scalp and hair. It is fine to do this a few times a week or even just once a week, depending on your needs and preferences.
This is a very simple yet effective recipe due to the soothing and moisturizing nature of the aloe vera gel and the nourishing effect of the oils. Share your results in the comment section below!
Designed by Freepik